I'd like the Director of Digital Engagement to...

Ensure civil servants can access social media sites at work

Too many public sector organisations still block or inhibit access to mainstream social media sites such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and even Blogspot.

It's time to make this the management and business issue it is, and not just the domain of bloody-minded IT managers.

113 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Civil ServiceAdminCivil Service (Admin, digitalengagement) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • cyberdoylecyberdoyle commented  · 

We pay them to work, not mess around with youtube, they can do that at home for relaxation like we have do, we would get fired if we spent work time doing it. They get enough time off, and can also do it on commutes. Most trains are wifi now. Although I think they should deffo have access to media sites if their job needs it, but very few will. I object to making it compulsory as it will be abused, just like the latest expenses scandal. Nose to the grindstone is the order of the day and let them earn their keep like the taxpayers have to do. sorry to disagree with you but that is what I feel. I also think that if training is needed they should do it in their own time, like the other folks have to do. It is time civil servants got real.

Feedback and Knowledge Base